SKDT has limited paid staff and depends on volunteers to provide governance, financial and administrative support as Trustees of the Board. We also have a database of volunteers who help at fundraising events and admin duties eg minutes, newsletter, fundraising and various community landscape projects.
SKDT provides a volunteering programme which matches volunteers to roles and increases their employability through skills sharing, training and support.
Volunteers are provided with the following:
- Training and skills from regular volunteers
- SKDT staff who can provide ”on the job” experience and support
- Training from partner agencies
Volunteers who have worked with SKDT have told us that it helps:
- Raise their aspirations
- Set personal goals
- Improve opportunities for skills and personal development
- Enhance interpersonal, literacy and numeracy skills
Volunteers have the opportunity to help shape SKDT’s work, which promotes inclusion, buy in and sustainability of community projects.
If you would like to volunteer for SKDT or find out more about our projects please get in touch or telephone 01586 552870