SOUTH KINTYRE DEVELOPMENT TRUST, having its Registered Office at the Town Hall, Main Street, Campbeltown, Argyll (hereinafter “SKDT”)
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the GDPR)
Who are we?
SKDT is a local charity with duties to support community life in Campbeltown and South Kintyre and to encourage development there
Zena Coffield is its data controller (contact details below). This means she decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
How do we process your personal data?
- SKDT complies with its obligations under [the GDPR] by keeping personal data up to date;
- by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data;
- by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To enable us to provide a voluntary service for the benefit of the public as specified in our constitution;
- To administer membership records;
- To fundraise and promote the interests of the charity;
- To manage our employees and volunteers;
- To maintain our own accounts and records.
- [Our processing also includes the use of CCTV systems for the prevention of crime].
- To operate the SKDT web site and deliver the services that individuals have requested.
- To inform individuals of news, events, activities or services running at SKDT
- To process gift aid applications.
- To contact individuals via surveys to conduct research about their opinions of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
- To do anything authorised by the Directors or by the Company in General Meeting, which is lawful and is in the interests of the members.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
These fall under either article 6 or article 9 – dealt with separately below.
Processing shall be lawful only if and to the extent that at least one of the following applies:
- the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject;
- processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
Compliance with a ‘legal obligation’ or of ‘legitimate interest’ can include the duty of SKDT to communicate with you in respect of General Meetings of SKDT or making statutory returns required by Law.
As SKDT does not process personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation it therefore does not require to take advantage of any of the exceptions to the prohibition contained in the Article.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will be shared only with those SKDT officials and employees who require legitimate access in the discharge of their duties.
We will only share your data with third parties outside of the organisation with your consent, except where compliance with a legal obligation makes it necessary.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary and that only while you remain a member of SKDT, and for a period of one year from the date of making our Annual Return thereafter.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption [under the GDPR], you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which the data controller holds about you;
- The right to request that the data controller corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for data controller to retain such data;
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable)
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable)
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions.
Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing. Contact Details To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance, contact us at:
Town Hall, Main Street, Campbeltown Argyll PA28 6AB | Tel 01586 552870 | Info@skdt.org